Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Okay, so we aren't the most romantic couple in the world. I don't have any beautiful roses, or a box of chocolates, or a sexy nightie, or a new piece of jewelry to mark this Valentine's Day. And my gift to the hubby was a bottle of Crown Royal and a 2 liter bottle of coke. But times are tough right now and I am a firm believer in the little things. So I'll tell you what I did get.

A morning snuggle followed by a little something, something. (wink, wink)

Coffee and the Sunday paper (with a cute little card he made for me folded in it) in bed while we watched Meet the Press.

A warm towel after my shower (because he took one down to the dryer and warmed it up for me)

Biscuits and gravy for breakfast (My favorite)

As long as I wanted to do my hair and makeup without him asking me if I was ready yet.

A day of NASCAR with our friends and family.

And a bowl of my favorite ice cream in bed while we watched the Olympics figure skating (rather than the usual documentary on the Military Channel about World War II)

The most romantic Valentine's Day ever? No. Not by anyone's standards. But I didn't marry him because he was the most romantic guy I'd ever met, I married him because he's the type of guy who, on Sunday's, makes his wife feel special. Valentine's Day or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment