Friday, February 12, 2010

MIND YOUR OWN BEESWAX!!

Today my 9 year old daughter came home from school and said

"Mom!! You would not believe the drama at school today!"

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, at lunch recess Margo went and told the teacher on duty that Kenzie kissed Brandon on the playground by one of the buildings! She got Kenzie in trouble, and I didn't see Kenzie do it, so I told Kenzie that Margo was the one that told on her! And you know what happened?"

Shaking my head and biting my tongue so that I can hear the rest of the story, I asked her "No, what happened?"

"Well, Kenzie walked right up to Margo, pushed her to the ground, then grabbed her neck and punched her in the face!" (big sigh from me) "Then me and Kylie ran up to get the duty and tell her that there was a fight! Anyways, when we took of running to tell, Kenzie tried to run away, so the duty had to chase her down! Crazy, huh?"

I felt at this moment that it was time for me to fill my daughter in on how to deal with drama in the future and to mind her own beeswax!! I know that if my mom had done that for me, it would have saved me quite a bit of drama during Elementary School and Junior High!

So I sat her down and explained to her what she had gotten involved in, the possible repercussions, and the extra drama that she caused by making herself a part of it. Luckily she understood, and now knows one of the most important survival lessons that a young girl can learn. Mind your own beeswax!!

No comments:

Post a Comment